Opt-in email marketing is still a very big channel for affiliate marketeers. Its a channel with worldwide coverage that generally provides big volumes of high-quality traffic.
Here are 10 tips to improve your email creatives so that you can make more money with your campaigns and increase your profit margins.
1. Always work with a Call-To-Action (CTA) that is big and rather flashy. The goal of the CTA is to engage the user to click on it so CTR is a very important metric to determine the effectiveness of your Call-To-Action button. Its also important to A/B test a lot of Call to Actions against each other. Here are some examples:
2. Personalize your emails. You can do this by putting the first name and possibly also the last name in the subjectline, and in the email creative itself. Additionally, you can also mention the user’s location in the email creative (if you have that information available).
3. Have a good ratio of images vs text. Never send out an email creative that consists of only images as a lot of email providers don’t automatically load images from unkown senders. This will lead to the user seeing an ugly red cross. A good image/text ratio is not only less spam sensitive, it will also provide the user with the possibility to read your email if the images don’t load or load too slow.
4. Show your product or service, and its core benefits. Describe these benefits briefly in bullet point format. Also important is to emphasize the promotion or discount you are giving away. For example: free shipping, buy two products & get the third one for free, get a 20% discount on your first purchase, etc.
5. Avoid ! and other spam sensitive signs and words such as $$$ or “FREE”. Usage of these signs/words will increase the probability of your email ending up in spam. Example: instead of using “free shipping” you could say “shipping included”.
6. Have an unsubscribe link. In many countries this is mandatory by law, especially in Europe.
7. Put your company name, address, contact details and possibly also the link to your corporate Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin page in the bottom of the email. This will create trust with the user.
8. Analyze the open rate, click through rate (CTR) and conversion rate of all your email marketing campaigns. Continuously A/B test different subject lines, email creatives and landing pages to increase the before mentioned three metrics. This will help you make more money with your campaigns. Remember to always change one variable at the time so you can meausure the impact of the change.
9. The size of your email creative should ideally be 500*500 and maximum 500*650 as otherwise the user will need to horizontally scroll to read your text (not good!).
10. The email creative and actual landing page should be in the same style, wording and design so that it all seems logic and coherent to the user.
If you are an email marketeer and are looking for campaigns, don’t hesitate to sign up as Publisher on the ChameleonAds network so you get full access to our +600 global and exclusive campaigns. The big majority of them accept email marketing as a traffic source.